- Landscaping crews always drive 5-10mph under the speed limit. Always.
- Landscaping crews always have a battered stuffed animal strapped to the back of their trailer.
- Bulletted lists. Always hot.
- Johnson isn’t a name that lends itself to any clever wordplay, unless you like lame entendres. My family name was apparently Tappenin (sp?) before coming to America. Why change that? It sounds cool. You can have a newlestter called “What’s Tappenin?”
- There was a coach in my high school (or was it middle school? Too old to remember) with the last name of Ong. “Ong My Way.” “Ong My Own.” “What’s Going Ong?” See? So much better than Johnson.
- There are news stories covering “how to talk to your children about Trump.” We have a president whose unsavory behavior needs to be explained. This is what America is in 2016.
This really isn’t a great kit. It has all kinds of accuracy issues, and plenty of issues with fit, but with 2001: A Space Odyssey being one of my favorite films of all time, I had to have it. It’s far from perfect – the overspray from a bungled experiment with my neglected airbrush is obvious, and the twin tail booms broke off and were lost rather quickly after it was built – but it’s the first model I finished in close to two decades, and even so, a year later, I’m still rather proud of it. Life is busy so my time to build models is limited, and in the past year since the space clipper was completed, I’ve only finished two other models. I’ve got a big stack of kits begging for attention, however. Continue reading →